Thursday, September 22, 2011

Haddin Retires From Twenty20


wicket-keeper,Australian Batsman Brad Haddin has retired from Twenty20 International cricket to focus on playing One-Day International and Test cricket for his country.
Haddin played 25 matches for Australia, including at the 2009 and 2010 ICC World Twenty20 competitions, and his final match was against Sri Lanka earlier this year.

"I thoroughly enjoy Twenty20 cricket and have taken great pride from playing all three forms of the game for Australia. However I feel the time is now right for me to concentrate on Test and ODI cricket," Haddin said.

"This decision has been made to prolong my effectiveness in these formats and provide me further time to prepare for the demands of ODI and Test cricket. I remain extremely determined to play cricket for Australia and believe this decision will help achieve this.

"I remain committed and very excited by my role as captain of the Sydney Sixers in the KFC Big Bash League and also with the Kolkata Night Riders in the Indian Premier League but look forward to the periods of downtime throughout the international season this decision will create."

Brad Haddin, who took over the gloves in all three formats when Adam Gilchrist retired, has played 35 Tests and 90 ODIs, since making his debut in 2001 against Zimbabwe..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

page nevigation